Emergency Closure - Snow and Bad Weather
8th February 2021 - the weather forecast over the next few days is looking bleak and there is a chance of snow and ice later in the week. If this severe weather causes any disruption to your child’s current in-school provision, you will be able to check via the following:
- the academy facebook page – facebook.com/trenancelearningacademy/
- the academy website – www.trenanceacademy.co.uk
- the academy text service
- BBC Radio Cornwall, Pirate FM and/or the Local Authority website.
We are aware that conditions can differ dramatically from one part of Cornwall to another. Any decision to change our current routine will be based on both the conditions at the School and the availability of in-school staff, many of whom travel to school from other parts of the county.
Message from Cornwall Council
All schools have their own arrangements to contact parents and carers should there be a need to close the school at short notice, for example in the event of severe weather. This may include the use of bespoke parent mailing systems, text, social media, etc as well as use of the school website.
We work with schools to ensure we have up to date information on school closures as they occur. We have a robust procedure for schools to notify us should they need to close.
The following local radio stations are automatically notified when we receive a formal notification of a school closing.
- BBC Radio Cornwall (103.9, 95.2 and 96 FM)
- Goldmine FM (DAB)
- Heart FM (105.1 and 107.0 FM)
- Pirate FM (102.2 and 102.8 FM)
We also update our social media channels below:
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/TFFCornwall
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/TFFCornwall
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/TFFCornwall
In the event of a large number of schools being closed due to adverse weather this information may take some time to be fully updated so please ensure you check with your child's school.